Dead Link
Ernie
2007-03-18 22:47:00 UTC
All of a sudden hyperlinks in my emails are not active. I click on them and
nothing happens. I have to copy and paste into browser. Is there a setting I
must toggle??

Ernie

Michael Santovec
2007-03-20 02:29:30 UTC
You should be able to copy/paste the following links into your browser
address box to read the articles:

How to Make Internet Explorer the Default Web Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284456
Internet Explorer Not Configured as Default Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=153774

Also, in Windows XP: Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Set Program
Access and Defaults, Browser to make IE the default browser.

OE: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Don't Start Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177054
http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

OLEXP: Hyperlink With (!) in the Address Does Not Start Web Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249613

Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823301

IE6 opens blank (empty) windows
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/answers2.htm#blank_windows

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After
You Click a Link
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

If you are using a Pop-up Ad blocker program, check its documentation to
see if it is blocking the opening of a new web browser and how to
workaround that.