OLE5 OPENS AND CLOSES IMMEDIATELY
CAPTGNVR
2007-01-29 18:34:13 UTC
DEAR ALL

Three times i reinstalled the system and each time when the crew use
the comp for internet surfing, the outlook express5 gets corrupted.
As of now it just opens and closes by itself immediately. I can just
see that there is mail in the inbox.
Pls advice remedy.
BRGDS/CAPT GN VENKAT RAJARAM
Michael Santovec
2007-01-29 20:58:28 UTC
Are you getting any error message?

OE won't even start
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash

Frequent corruption suggests that you may not be shutting down OE and/or
Window properly, having your anti-virus scan e-mail, or having
background compaction enabled.

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6
at:
http://www.oehelp.com/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/