Posting Question for Newsgroups
Hoover
2005-09-06 00:49:45 UTC
I can read posts fine but I cannot post anything to any newsgroup. Any
ideas?
Margaret
2005-09-06 00:56:39 UTC
What happens when you try to post to a newsgroup? Are you talking about the
Microsoft server, or a different server, or all servers?
--
Margaret
ideas?
Hoover
2005-09-06 01:10:32 UTC
Margaret - I cannot post anything to my newgroups on my server
(news.east.cox.net) - I just tried to reply to you using it and
again....nothing shows up at all
Margaret
2005-09-06 01:25:19 UTC
Hoover, it showed up perfectly fine...and you must have seen it somehow,
because you replied to it. So what's the problem?
--
Margaret
PA Bear
2005-09-06 02:35:57 UTC
Hoover posts here via Google Groups, Margaret.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Hoover
2005-09-06 01:10:32 UTC
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
2005-09-06 01:41:37 UTC
Post by Hoover
Margaret - I cannot post anything to my newgroups on my server
(news.east.cox.net) - I just tried to reply to you using it and
again....nothing shows up at all
Are you a Cox subscriber?
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Hoover
2005-09-06 01:47:26 UTC
yes i am
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
2005-09-06 03:41:51 UTC
Post by Hoover
yes i am
Cox should have a Web page telling you what your settings in OE should be to
be able to post news messages via their server.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
PA Bear
2005-09-06 02:36:16 UTC
Use the MS newsserver to post to & read this and other MS newsgroups:

Your posts and replies to them will appear within a few minutes, unlike the
newsserver you're currently using which only "syncs" occasionally with the
MS newsserver.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Raymond Daley
2006-12-15 22:30:41 UTC
Post by Hoover
I can read posts fine but I cannot post anything to any newsgroup. Any
ideas?
if you can read ngs you should be able to post to them.
check your nntp settings.

tools,
accounts,
news,
properties
check the GENERAL field and ensure there is an email address there.
otherwise you can't post ;-)

easy

Thankyou, come again!
Kath Adams
2006-12-15 22:40:23 UTC
Post by Hoover
I can read posts fine but I cannot post anything to any newsgroup.
Any ideas?
if you can read ngs you should be able to post to them.
check your nntp settings.
tools,
accounts,
news,
properties
check the GENERAL field and ensure there is an email address there.
otherwise you can't post ;-)
easy
Thankyou, come again!
And again...September 2005.