Window sizing
Section 31
2006-06-06 17:05:42 UTC
In OE6 when I compose a new message and then click on INSERT and then
FILE ATTACHMENT a small window opens with my files in it. How do I
make that window bigger ??? It is so small. It does not allow me to
drag the corners. Because that window is so small I can only see 5
files at a time where I have over 100.

Is there a way to make the Insert File attachment window bigger ?
Thanks.
Michael Santovec
2006-06-06 17:33:05 UTC
I don't know of any way to resize that.

But there is an alternative way to insert attachments. Open a Windows
File Explorer window to the desired folder. Size it as you like. You
can then drag-and-drop files from there to the message composition
window.
Thanks.
PA Bear
2006-06-07 19:32:13 UTC
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org
Thanks.
Raymond Daley
2006-12-15 22:19:29 UTC
Post by Section 31
In OE6 when I compose a new message and then click on INSERT and then
FILE ATTACHMENT a small window opens with my files in it. How do I
make that window bigger ??? It is so small. It does not allow me to
drag the corners. Because that window is so small I can only see 5
files at a time where I have over 100.
Is there a way to make the Insert File attachment window bigger ?
Thanks.
yes and it's really easy.
View
columns
alter the pixel size of the file attachment column
click ok

job done.

Thank you, come again.
Kath Adams
2006-12-15 22:25:56 UTC
Post by Raymond Daley
Post by Section 31
In OE6 when I compose a new message and then click on INSERT and then
FILE ATTACHMENT a small window opens with my files in it. How do I
make that window bigger ??? It is so small. It does not allow me to
drag the corners. Because that window is so small I can only see 5
files at a time where I have over 100.
Is there a way to make the Insert File attachment window bigger ?
Thanks.
yes and it's really easy.
View
columns
alter the pixel size of the file attachment column
click ok
job done.
Thank you, come again.
Why are you responding to a message from 6th June 2006? The OP already
received good and proper advice.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (Outlook Express)
Raymond Daley
I only subscribed to the group today.
Kath Adams
2006-12-15 22:49:09 UTC
Post by Raymond Daley
Raymond Daley wrote:>
Why are you responding to a message from 6th June 2006? The OP
already received good and proper advice.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (Outlook Express)
Simple!
I only subscribed to the group today.
Then you need to learn how to use the group properly. You are answering
queries from 2005 which have already received GOOD and PROPER advice. In
most cases your answers are not helpful and can do damage in a lot of cases.

<quote> >> When I try to access my inbox within Outlook Express, I could not
Post by Raymond Daley
read any emails in it. The inbox.dbx file is approximately 399MB in
size and obviously, there are a lot of emails in this file but
somehow I still cannot access it from within Outlook Express. I
still have access to emails in the other folders e.g. Send, etc but
not the Inbox. Need your advice on this. Thanks.
sounds like your inbox is corrupted.
either re-install OE
ALWAYS a last resort.

or try and compact some space in your inbox
Post by Raymond Daley
(tools, options, maintenance,click clean up now, click compact)
the 2nd one should work
That won't compact anything in the Inbox, only in newsgroups.

</quote>
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
2006-12-16 02:45:58 UTC
He doesn't even have enough smarts to update his Outlook Express.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com