How would I free myself from receiving duplicate e-mail messages
bkaras
2007-01-04 19:59:08 UTC
The e-mail function in Outlook Express has doubles. I.E., I receive TWO
entries of the same e-mail message. (This does not occur in the newsgroup
function.)

How would I free myself from receiving duplicate e-mail messages?

Thank you,

Barry Karas
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
2007-01-04 22:22:16 UTC
Post by bkaras
The e-mail function in Outlook Express has doubles. I.E., I receive TWO
entries of the same e-mail message. (This does not occur in the newsgroup
function.)
How would I free myself from receiving duplicate e-mail messages?
Thank you,
Barry Karas
Turn off one of these options:

When starting go directly to my Inbox

or

Send and Receive messages at startup.

With both of these options checked, OE essentially is asking for Hotmail or
MSN Web mail messages twice, concurrently. Also, don't manually go to your
Hotmail or MSN Web mail Inbox until the mail check is complete.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Answer in newsgroup. Don't send mail.